- 1st Quarter Executive Team Meeting: Tuesday, January 15th at 7 PM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
- January Lost Pocket 121 Meeting: Thursday, January 17th at 7 PM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
- Youth Leadership Meeting: Saturday, January 19th at 10:30 AM-Missions Center
JAN 19 THROUGH 21ST 2019The Winter Tribal Challenge at Camp Caraway: January 19-21, 2019- During our Winter Camp for Children, The Winter Tribal Challenge will create practical experiences conducive to learning what Biblical unity is as you make decisions together in a fun environment. The challenge will include a series of fun activities, recreations and challenges that will require your church group to communicate and learn to work with each other similar to popular TV shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. Our worship times, teaching times, entertainment and free times will create a well-rounded growing experience for your church group of 3rd-6th graders and chaperones. Cost: $140 per person Deadline: Register by November 1, 2018. If you have any questions, please let me know. We look forward to seeing you at camp in January! Serving Together, Mark Moore Caraway Conference Center & Camp, Children's Program Director, 336-521-9207 email@example.comJan 20
- The work at Calvary Hispanic continues---please consider helping out on a Saturday. For information on what is currently being worked on –please contact Lamar Lewis at (704)472-0727. Also---we are in need of Baptist Women’s groups or anyone else that can help with feeding the workers on the Saturdays next year. Please contact Patsy Warlick (704)276-1247 if you can take a pot of soup, etc. over one Saturday. Thanks
- Winter Jam 2019: Sunday, January 20, Spectrum Center-Charlotte. Doors open/Pre-Jam Party: 5 PM, Main Show: 6 PM, $15 at the door. Info: JAMTOUR.COM, SPECTRUMCENTERCHARLOTTE.COM or (704)688-9000 Groups: Newsboys United, Danny Gokey, Mandisa, Rend Collective, Ledger, Newsong, HollyN, Adam Agee, Dare 2 Share’s Zane Black, Dan Bremnes, Ty Brasel, Manic Drive
- The Crisis Pregnancy Center of Lincoln County is having a Note-Burning Celebration to celebrate paying off their building debt on Sunday, January 20th at 3:00 pm at Boger City Baptist Church Morris Fellowship Hall. Please come for a special Sanctity of Human Life service and note burning. Light refreshments will be served. Everyone Welcome. Praise The Lord!
JAN 21 MLK DAYJAN 22
- 1st Quarter Association Board Meeting: Tuesday, January 22nd at 7 PM-Risen Church
- Property Team Meeting: Saturday, January 26th at 9 AM-Missions Center
- Opening Reception for our new Immigrant Hospitality Center (415 E Main St, Lincolnton) on Sunday, January 27, 3:00 to 5:00pm. At the Immigrant Hospitality Center we seek to foster an environment conducive to receiving one another well for the glory of God (Rom. 15:7). In doing so, we want to help others see the image of God in people who are culturally different, as well as emphasize our common humanity, for we all value economic opportunity, family, safety, and freedom. In promoting welcoming communities we seek to provide legal services, focusing on naturalization, and promote other community integration initiatives such as ESL and participation in the workforce, as well as the broader local community. We seek to facilitate meaningful contact and interaction through community dialog and joint projects where we connect leadership from government, business, and faith organizations in order to bridge the divides between immigrants and long-term residents to foster a stronger more unified community. Through marshaling legal resources in our local area we hope to serve a wide range of unmet legal needs for immigrants as we seek to provide resources as well as a referral network to assist in community integration. Please contact Bobby Farmer for more information: (704)530-0012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Adult Rally Planning Meeting #2: Monday January 28th at 7 PM-Missions Center
- Church Financial Seminar, Thursday, February 7, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Greater Gaston Association (1607 Rankin Lake Rd, Gastonia, NC 28052). Developing a compensation package for pastors and church staff can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. There is no such thing as a “cookie cutter” approach, and there are many things to consider such as salary, employer provided benefits, tax savings strategies, and more. Is your staff ready for retirement? What cash and non-cash benefits can the church provide its staff? What are the latest tax and administrative rules implemented during the last year that affect how our churches do business? How do you handle designated contributions given to your church, and how are you reporting those funds? “Let all things be done decently and in order” is the theme of the 2018-19 financial and tax workshops presented by senior consultant Davis Blount with the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina to address these and other issues. The workshops are designed for ministers, financial administrators, treasurers, church committees and other interested lay leaders. Topics will include:
• Preparing for retirement.
• Compensation planning.
• The Church Retirement Plan.
• Employer provided benefits.
• Managing designated funds.
• Reporting charitable giving.
• Tax updates.
• FAQs from affiliated churches.
• Participant questions and answers.
Reservations must be made: If we can ever assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mary Landis, Compensation and Benefit Services, ncbaptist.org/compensation, ncbaptist.org/financialseminar, Baptist State Convention of North Carolina , (919) 459-5637 –
(800) 395-5102 ext. 5637
- Guy Penrod in Concert at South River Baptist in Statesville (2659 S Chipley Ford Rd, Statesville, NC 28645). Saturday, February 9th at 7 pm. Doors open at 6:15 pm. Tickets $20 per person. Call 980-829-3163 for more info.
- VALENTINE'S DAY
- Region 8 Missions Rally: Monday, February 18, 2019, Burkemont Baptist Church
4668 Burkemont Rd., Morganton, NC 28655 A meal is provided for the NC Mission Rallies at no charge, but reservations are necessary to ensure an accurate meal count. The cut off date for reserving a meal for each Rally is one week prior to the event. To register, call Tracey Ford at 919-459-5596 or visit baptistsonmission.org The meal will begin at 5:45 pm, followed by the program from 6:50pm-8:30pm. If you are unable to attend the meal, you are welcome to attend the program itself.
Our South Fork family of Baptist churches (South Fork Baptist Association
- S. F. B. A. or SFBA Missions Center) are partnering together to reach this area with the gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple new believers and minister to people in need. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Please Note our Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the South Fork Baptist Association
will follow the same schedule as the Lincoln County School system.
**** OFFICE HOURS****
Monday through Thursday we will
be open from 7:45 am to 2:00 pm.
We will be closed each Friday.
Need help concerning this website? Visit How to Use this Website.
Keep Scrolling Down to view more content