JAN 7 Senior Adult Rally Planning Meeting #1-Monday at 7pm @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
JAN 8 January Ministers Conference: Tuesday, January 8th at 11 AM @ ANTIOCH BAPTIST
JAN 9 Coalwood Leadership Meeting: Wednesday, January 9th at 10 AM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
JAN 10 Baptist Women Leadership Team Meeting: Saturday, January 12th at 10 AM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
JAN 15 1st Quarter Executive Team Meeting: Tuesday, January 15th at 7 PM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
JAN 17 January Lost Pocket 121 Meeting: Thursday, January 17th at 7 PM @ SFBA MISSION CENTER
JAN 19 Youth Leadership Meeting: Saturday, January 19th at 10:30 AM-Missions Center
JAN 19 THROUGH 21ST 2019The Winter Tribal Challenge at Camp Caraway: January 19-21, 2019- During our Winter Camp for Children, The Winter Tribal Challenge will create practical experiences conducive to learning what Biblical unity is as you make decisions together in a fun environment. The challenge will include a series of fun activities, recreations and challenges that will require your church group to communicate and learn to work with each other similar to popular TV shows like The Amazing Race and Survivor. Our worship times, teaching times, entertainment and free times will create a well-rounded growing experience for your church group of 3rd-6th graders and chaperones. Cost: $140 per person Deadline: Register by November 1, 2018. If you have any questions, please let me know. We look forward to seeing you at camp in January! Serving Together, Mark Moore Caraway Conference Center & Camp, Children's Program Director, 336-521-9207 firstname.lastname@example.orgJan 20
JAN 22 1st Quarter Association Board Meeting: Tuesday, January 22nd at 7 PM-Risen Church
- Winter Jam 2019: Sunday, January 20, Spectrum Center-Charlotte. Doors open/Pre-Jam Party: 5 PM, Main Show: 6 PM, $15 at the door. Info: JAMTOUR.COM, SPECTRUMCENTERCHARLOTTE.COM or (704)688-9000 Groups: Newsboys United, Danny Gokey, Mandisa, Rend Collective, Ledger, Newsong, HollyN, Adam Agee, Dare 2 Share’s Zane Black, Dan Bremnes, Ty Brasel, Manic Drive
- The Crisis Pregnancy Center of Lincoln County is having a Note-Burning Celebration to celebrate paying off their building debt on Sunday, January 20th at 3:00 pm at Boger City Baptist Church Morris Fellowship Hall. Please come for a special Sanctity of Human Life service and note burning. Light refreshments will be served. Everyone Welcome. Praise The Lord!
- Church Financial Seminar, Thursday, February 7, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, Greater Gaston Association (1607 Rankin Lake Rd, Gastonia, NC 28052). Developing a compensation package for pastors and church staff can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. There is no such thing as a “cookie cutter” approach, and there are many things to consider such as salary, employer provided benefits, tax savings strategies, and more. Is your staff ready for retirement? What cash and non-cash benefits can the church provide its staff? What are the latest tax and administrative rules implemented during the last year that affect how our churches do business? How do you handle designated contributions given to your church, and how are you reporting those funds? “Let all things be done decently and in order” is the theme of the 2018-19 financial and tax workshops presented by senior consultant Davis Blount with the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina to address these and other issues. The workshops are designed for ministers, financial administrators, treasurers, church committees and other interested lay leaders. Topics will include:
• Preparing for retirement.
• Compensation planning.
• The Church Retirement Plan.
• Employer provided benefits.
• Managing designated funds.
• Reporting charitable giving.
• Tax updates.
• FAQs from affiliated churches.
• Participant questions and answers.
Reservations must be made: If we can ever assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mary Landis, Compensation and Benefit Services, ncbaptist.org/compensation, ncbaptist.org/financialseminar, Baptist State Convention of North Carolina , (919) 459-5637 –
(800) 395-5102 ext. 5637
Our South Fork family of Baptist churches (South Fork Baptist Association
- S. F. B. A. or SFBA Missions Center) are partnering together to reach this area with the gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple new believers and minister to people in need. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Please Note our Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, the South Fork Baptist Association
will follow the same schedule as the Lincoln County School system.
**** OFFICE HOURS****
Monday through Thursday we will
be open from 7:45 am to 2:00 pm.
We will be closed each Friday.
Need help concerning this website? Visit How to Use this Website.
Keep Scrolling Down to view more content