- LABOR DAY -
Biju Tomas will be at Denver United Methodist Church on Wednesday, September 5th at 7:00 pm. Biju Thomas is president of Transformation 1040 . Terrell Baptist church along with Bob and Jane Jones are supporters of this work. Come see what God is doing in Bihar India. changing souls for Christ. Bob Jones
- 3rd Quarter Church Plant/ Development @ Missions Center
- *59th Annual Western Area Conference for the Baptist Children’s Home is Thursday, September 6th at 4:00 pm at Broyhill Home (111 Sneed Drive, Clyde, NC 28721). Join us and let us THANK YOU for making this ministry to Broyhill Home’s children and families possible. Featuring children’s testimonies, Gospel singing and a free BBQ meal. Make your dinner reservation by calling 828/627-9254. The theme of the conference this year is: Many Ministries Beating with One Heart! Cottage tours begin at 4 p.m. Watch the Thanksgiving Offering video at the picnic shelter at 4 and 4:30. Gospel singing from 4:45 to 5:45 and the FREE barbecue meal will be served at the gym and picnic area during that time. At 5:45, our special program begins. Please know that you are the heartbeat of the BCH ministry!
- Men’s Ministry Leadership Event, Saturday, September 8th at Trinity Baptist Church in Mooresville, NC. Friends, this is an exciting time to be involved in Men’s Ministry. We are seeing God at work in the lives of men all over North Carolina! Men are growing closer in their walk with Christ, families are strengthened, pastors are being encouraged, and churches are being changed! This one-day leadership training event is designed for Baptist Men’s Directors, Men’s Ministry Leaders, Pastors or anyone who has a heart for discipling men. The program will include an overview, followed by sessions on men’s discipleship, missions involvement, outreach, and more. Come enjoy the fellowship and network with local church men’s leaders from across the state while you sharpen your leadership skills! There will also be separate training tracks for those who work with Royal Ambassadors and Challengers. These leaders will receive updates on curriculum as well as tips on beginning or enhancing the program for the boys and young men in your church. The cost is $10 per person and will include lunch. Registration is required. For more information or to register visit our website at: https://baptistonmission.org/born/men-s-sministry/men’s-ministry-training---mooresville/3485, or contact Kailyn Eskridge, NC Baptist Men at 919-459-5596 or email@example.com.
- *Friends of Children Baptist Children’s Homes Saturday Workdays: SEPT. 8-Mill’s Home in Thomasville & Oak Ranch in Broadway. SEPT. 15-Kennedy Home in Kinston & Cameron Boys Camp in Cameron. SEPT. 22-Camp Duncan in Aberdeen. SEPT. 29-Odum Home in Pembroke. Volunteers of all ages can be the hands and feet of Christ to hurting boys and girls by participating in Baptist Children’s Homes’ statewide Friends of Children workdays. Getting involved is the best way to make a difference and to see how God is working in the lives of the children and families you are helping to serve. It’s the perfect one-day outreach for your church group. *From painting to planting projects are available for all ages. *Work side by side with BCH’s boys, girls and staff. *Tour children’s cottages. *Enjoy a FREE lunch. Registration is from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Projects go from 9 a.m. to noon. Lunch is served at noon and optional hours are available afterwards. Visit www.bchfamily.org/fac to register. If you have questions, contact Alan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336/474/1277.
- *2018 One Day Workshops: A day long on-site session at the Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, led by Danny Franks, Pastor of Guest Services. A seminar format that will cover one of the following topics: Volunteer Culture (September 11): finding, training, and keeping those who serve on the weekend. Workshops are held on a weekday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Who is it for? It’s for anyone who considers connections ministry part of their job description. One-Day Workshops are open to full-time or part-time staff members, ministry interns, and key volunteers. Workshops are priced affordably, because we strongly encourage you to come with at least one other person from your team (staff or volunteers). Load up the van, and amplify the impact on your church! Anyone who wants to connect. Workshops target a mid-sized audience of 30-50 participants. Workshops are $99 per person, and include: *Specific training in particular areas, helping you to focus on where you are and where you need to be. *New friendships from churches of all shapes and sizes. *Practical tools and resources to help you get started. *Meals and snacks throughout the day. Register at https://summitrdu.brushfire.com/events
- 11 AM MINISTER'S CONFERENCE
- 6PM EXECUTIVE TEAM MEETING
- 7PM ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING
SEPT 17 - 19TH
*22nd Annual Fall Jubilee in the Great Smoky Mountains: September 17-19. 3 days/2 nights. Jubilee is a glorious time of singing, laughing, preaching and celebrating all the wonderful blessings that God has given us. The conference is held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center. Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir with Pastor Jim Cymbala, Kingsmen Quartet, Johnny Hunt, Karen Peck and New River, Oliver North, Sandi Patty, Aaron Wilburn, New Speer Family. Pricing Options: (4 per room-$139 per person), (3 per room-$159 per person), (2 per room-$189 per person), or Conference only $99 per person. Prices do not include transportation and meals. Seating is General Admission and doors will open one hour prior to start time. Conference costs include all sessions and two nights lodging at area hotels unless you choose to pay for the conference alone and secure your own lodging. Call 1-800-616-8863 or go to www.jubileeconferences.com to register or for more information.
*2018 Baptist Women’s Banquet, Tuesday, September 18th at 6:00 pm at Boger City Baptist Family Life Center (2201 E Main St, Lincolnton). Registration and the Leader’s Training Fair will be at 6 pm. Leaders are encouraged to come early and meet with the Association’s age-level consultants. Information packets will be available for all leaders, children to adults. The consultants will also be available after the meeting. Meal: Choice of Country style steak or chicken, creamed potatoes, green beans, fruit and drink. Program: The speaker will be Mrs. Terri Broome, Women’s Director of Pursuit Church, Denver, NC. She has taught the Bible for over 20 years, is active in jail ministry, authored a book called “The Ordinary Road,” and regularly speaks to women’s groups in many area churches. Her recurring theme is the pure joy and fruitfulness of a totally surrendered life. Music will be provided by Mrs. Kristin Teague. Cost: $10 per person: You must RSVP with your full payment and the number of tickets you need no later than Monday, September 10th to South Fork Baptist Association, PO Box 246, Lincolnton, NC 28093-0246 to secure your reservation. No money will be taken at the banquet and no refunds will be given. Mission Project: Please bring items for our Shoebox Ministry with Graffiti. –Please see attached list.
- Calvary Baptist Church (493 Calvary Ch Rd, Lincolnton) will host a Living Proof Simulcast on Saturday, September 22nd from 9 am – 4 pm (Doors open at 8:30 am). Study with Beth Moore and worship with Travis Cottrell. Tickets are $15 and covers the event, lunch and a program guide. For more information, please call Kathy at 704-530-9482 and leave a message. Also, visit Facebook: Beth Moore simulcast Calvary Lincolnton.
- *Christian Music Day at Carowinds: Saturday, Sept. 22nd Featuring: Skillet, Crowder, Elevation Worship, Social Club Misfits, Ledger, with Emcee Heath Arthur. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL-SAVE $21 OFF THE ADULT DOOR PRICE THRU AUGUST 24TH. Adult Tickets: $47 thru 8/24, $51 (8/25-9-21) or $68 at the door. Groups of 15+: $40 thru 8/24, $44 (8/25-9/21). Season Pass Holders: $32 through 8/24. $34 (8/25-9/21) or $40 at the door. All Sales are final.
- * Carolina Fellowship of Christian Puppeteers is hosting a Creative Arts Ministry Conference on September 29, 2018 at Fairforest Church of God, 2662 Fairforest-Glevedale Road, Spartanburg SC. The event is from 9:00am to 5:00pm with registration opening at 8:30.am. We will have classes in dance, mime, ventriloquism, sign language, dowel rods, puppets and more! For more information and to register go to: www.christianpuppeteers.org/cfcp. If you have any questions, you can call Vickie at (864) 316-6512 or e-mail Carol at email@example.com. Join us for a great day of sharing and fellowship!
- *Disciple-Making Workshop: Saturday, September 29th from 9 am until 1 pm at Freedom Church (125 E Main St, Lincolnton). We hear the term “disciple-making” every day, and it’s often defined and described in different ways. So what is disciple-making and what does it involve? Join N.C. Baptist senior consultants Josh Reed and Rick Hughes for this half day workshop that explores the basics of disciple-making. Josh will lead sessions that focus on the gospel and the “Four Fields” of ministry. Rick will lead a session on the importance of disciple-making within community. The event will conclude with a Q & A luncheon. Cost is $7 per person and include program materials and lunch. For more information or to register: www.ncbaptist.org/basictraining
- LABOR DAY -
- 8AM TO NOON BAPTIST MEN'S RALLY W/ LUNCH - Ramp Panel Construction
- *Church Plant/Development Team Meeting: Thursday, September 6th at 7 pm at the Missions Center
OCT 8 Happy Columbus Day
OCT 13*Crisis Pregnancy Center of Lincoln County’s Annual Laps4Life 2018 will be held on Saturday, October 13th from 9:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m at Covenant Bible Church (2168 Gastonia Hwy, Lincolnton)Rain or Shine (Event will be held inside gym). Funds raised at this year’s event will go toward paying off our Medical Facility (current remainder $25,600). Where young mothers are able to see their babies via ultrasound-89.6% of the time, this saves a life! For more Laps4Life information call: 704/732-3384.
- September Minister’s Conference: Tuesday, September 11th at Cornerstone in Maiden.
OCT 18-20Small Church Conference: A unique conference designed for small and rural church pastors and leaders. October 18-20 (Thursday at Sandy Creek Baptist (4765 Sandy Creek Ch Rd, Liberty, NC) Friday and Saturday: Sunset Avenue Church of God (900 Sunset Ave, Asheboro, NC) Conference Hosts and Keynote Speakers: Boyd Byerly, Neal Jackson, Travis Brock, Mitchell Tolle, Mitchell Bias. Conference organizers: P. Douglas Small, Lester Evans and Steve Sells. $50/person, $75/couple or $99/church. Go to www.americapray.net or call (855)842-5483 for more information.
- *2018 One Day Workshops: A day long on-site session at the Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, led by Danny Franks, Pastor of Guest Services. A seminar format that will cover one of the following topics: (NEW!) After the First Visit (October 16): taking your guests beyond the first visit with robust follow up, reproducible systems, and next steps that stick Workshops are held on a weekday from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Who is it for? It’s for anyone who considers connections ministry part of their job description. One-Day Workshops are open to full-time or part-time staff members, ministry interns, and key volunteers. Workshops are priced affordably, because we strongly encourage you to come with at least one other person from your team (staff or volunteers). Load up the van, and amplify the impact on your church! Anyone who wants to connect. Workshops target a mid-sized audience of 30-50 participants. Workshops are $99 per person, and include: *Specific training in particular areas, helping you to focus on where you are and where you need to be. *New friendships from churches of all shapes and sizes. *Practical tools and resources to help you get started. *Meals and snacks throughout the day. Register at https://summitrdu.brushfire.com/events
OCT 22- 25TH*Four Days of Thanks Celebrators Conference: Oct. 22-25 at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge, TN. Special tribute to veterans with George W. Bush. Speakers: George W. Bush, David Jeremiah, Phil Waldrep and Chonda Pierce. Artists: Gaither Vocal Band, Veritas, Selah, Charles Billingsley. Conference Only Rate: $125 per person. Lodging Packages also available at Celebrators.orgIt’s easy to reserve your place with a $25 per person non-refundable deposit, which is included in all the prices. The balance will be due 9/12/18. Register online: Celebrators.org or by phone at 1-800-374-1550.
- 4PM SFBA ANNUAL MEETING @ BOGER CITY BAPTIST
All Minister’s wives---Save the date: Fifth Annual Wives In Ministry Fellowship: —Saturday, November 3rd at 10 am. Meadow Ridge Baptist Church (1173 Zeb Haynes Rd, Maiden) Speaker: Janice Drum from Conway, SC. Special singing by Donna Goodson. A luncheon will follow the meeting. No cost to you. Just come and be blessed. RSVP by Friday, October 26, 2018 to Kathy Roten (828)320-3699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS ENDS ("FALL BACK")
- BAPTIST WOMEN'S WORLD DAY OF PRAYER
- NC BAPTIST CONVENTION IN GREENSBORO
NOV 11 - VETERANS DAYNOV 13 - 7PM EXECUTIVE TEAM MEETING @ MISSIONS CENTERNOV 21 - THANKSGIVING OBSERVANCE - OFFICE CLOSEDNOV 22 - THANKSGIVING OBSERVANCE - OFFICE CLOSEDNOV 23 - OFFICE CLOSED (REGULAR OFFICE HOURS RESUME)
- ELECTION DAY
- NC BAPTIST CONVENTION IN GREENSBORO
DEC 2ND - WEEK OF PRAYER FOR LOTTIE MOON CHRISTMAS OFFERING (2ND THROUGH 9TH)
DEC 3 -
- 6:30PM MINISTERS & WIVES CHRISTMAS DINNER
DEC 24 - DEC 26 CHRISTMAS OBSERVATION (OFFICE CLOSED)DEC 31 NEW YEARS EVE (OFFICE CLOSED)
- 7PM STUDENT ASSISTANCE TEAM MEETING @ MISSIONS CENTER
Our South Fork family of Baptist churches (South Fork Baptist Association
- S. F. B. A. or SFBA Missions Center) are partnering together to reach this area with the gospel of Jesus Christ, disciple new believers and minister to people in need. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
By the way, if you call us on the phone and we answer "SFBA Mission Center" you've still reached the correct phone number and location! We are adding this identifier to our business's office name so that others can see we are also involved with missions.
**** OFFICE HOURS****
Monday through Thursday we will
be open from 7:45 am to 2:00 pm.
We will be closed each Friday.
Need help concerning this website? Visit How to Use this Website.
Keep Scrolling Down to view more content